Polk City Commission Workshop – Apr 17

Polk City will consider the Reclaimed Water Reuse Planning Document on April 17, 2017, at 6:00 p.m. in the Commission Chambers at the Polk City Government Center, 123 Broadway Blvd., SE, Polk City FL  33868.  The public may attend and comment at the end of the informational meeting.  A copy of the FDEP request for inclusion is on file in the City Manager’s Office and can be reviewed Monday-Thursday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Persons are advised that if they decide to appeal any decision made at these meetings/hearings, they will need a record of these proceedings and for such purpose, they may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made at their own expense and effort, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based per Section 286.0105, Florida Statutes.

Persons with disabilities needing assistance to participate in any of these proceedings should contact the City Clerk 48 hours in advance of the meeting at (863) 984-1375.

Public Notice to Certify the Polk City Municipal Election

Notice is hereby given, that pursuant to Section 102.141, Florida Statutes, the Canvassing Board for Polk City Special Election to be held April 4, 2017 in Polk City, Florida will convene at 6:30 pm, April 6, 2017 at the Polk City Government Center, 123 Broadway Blvd., SE, Polk City Florida, to certify the Polk City Municipal Election.

Canvass Absentee Ballots and Provisional Ballots

Notice is hereby given, that pursuant to Section 102.141, Florida Statutes, the Canvassing Board for the Polk City Special Election to be held April 4, 2017 in Polk City, Florida will convene at 6:00 pm, April 4, 2017 at the Office of the Supervisor of Elections, 70 Florida Citrus Blvd., Winter Haven, Florida, to canvass Absentee Ballots and Provisional Ballots for said election.

Patricia Jackson
City Manager

Changes to Library Hours March 29-31


March 29-30, 2017 LIBRARY WILL BE CLOSED daily during lunch from 12:00 noon – 1:00 pm.

Friday March 31, 2017 LIBRARY WILL BE CLOSED.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you!
City Management

Notice of City Commission Seat Vacancy

City Commission Seat 3 – There is a vacancy for City Commission Seat 3.  The City Commission is seeking letters of interests to fill the vacancy until April 2018 Election, at which time an election will be held to fill the unexpired term ending April 2020.  The Charter of Polk City requires that members of the City Commission shall be a qualified elector of the city and has been a full-time resident of the city for six (6) months.  Any interested party should submit a letter of interest and/or resume to the Office of the City Manager, 123 Broadway Blvd., SE, Polk City FL  33868, by Thursday, April 13th at 2:00 p.m.  For additional information, please call (863) 984-1375, extension 237.

Patricia R. Jackson, CMC
City Manager/City Clerk

Public Hearing FY 2017-2018 CDBG Municipal Partner Proposal

Polk City is considering submitting a FY 2017-2018 CDBG Municipal Partner Program Proposal to the Polk County CDBG Program for a Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) of up to $8,550.13. These funds must be used for one of the following purposes: 1 To benefit low and moderate income persons; or 2. To aid in the prevention or elimination of slums or blight; or 3. To meet other community development needs having a particular urgency because existing conditions pose a serious and immediate threat to the health or welfare of the community and where other financial resources are not available to meet such needs.  Additionally, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance and accessibility activities may be conducted as well.

The activities for which these funds may be used are in the areas of housing, and neighborhood and community facility development.  Eligible uses of funds include such physical improvement activities as housing rehabilitation, clearance, water, sewer and street improvements, drainage, community facilities, housing site development, and parking.  Additional information regarding the range of activities that may be undertaken will be provided at the public hearing.  Although it is not anticipated, the City has a plan in place to minimize displacement of persons and provide assistance as a result of any planned CDBG activities

The public hearing to receive citizen views concerning the City’s community development needs will be held during a regular City Commission Meeting on Monday, March 20, 2017, beginning at 7:00 p.m. at City Hall, 123 Broadway Blvd. SE, Polk City, FL 33868.  Citizens will also have a 30-day time period to submit their comments to the City Manager’s Office. This is a handicapped accessible facility.  Non English-speaking, deaf, or visually impaired persons needing an interpreter or any handicapped person requiring special accommodation should contact the City Manager’s office at (863) 984-1375 (TDD# (800) 955-8771) at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.


Swamp-Land Music Festival – Mar 25

Polk City presents…


Saturday, March 25, 2017, 11:00am – 5:00pm
Freedom Park – 7750 Berkley Rd, Polk City, FL


Spend the day listening to LIVE music… Country, Blue Grass, Gospel, and Rock.

Bring chairs or blankets and join us for a fantastic day of entertainment for the whole family.

Food Vendors, Crafts, Exhibits, and Music!!! Giveaway Prizes provided by A-1 Sharpening & Harvest Meat Markets!!!

Hosted by the City of Polk City and brought to you by our wonderful sponsors:

  • Outback Animal Hospital
  • Brynjulfson C.P.A., P.A.
  • Odom Contracting
  • Publix Super Markets
  • Septic Solutions Environmental, Inc.
  • Little Hands Ranch
  • Warren’s RV Park
  • GAI Consultants, Inc.
  • Polk City BBQ Company
  • ACE Storage Facilities

Contact Kelly Downing for more information
Phone: 863-984-1375 ext. 231 | email: kelly.downing@mypolkcity.org