Age Brackets 4-6, 7-9, 10-12
- You must be registered to get credit for books you read.
- Registration begins June 05, 2017
- You must read at your reading ability.
- Each child may read as many books as they would like throughout the summer. Different prizes will be awarded each week (one prize per child each week).
- In order to enter the drawing for the big prize at the end of the campaign, you will need to obtain your reading goal and have your reading log initialed by our staff.
- The person with the most points in each bracket will receive the top prize. We will be using the AR points as well as pages this year.
- All reading sheets must be turned in to the library on or before July 24, 2017.
For more information, please call the Polk City Library at 863-984-4340
Perfect Attendance: All attendees who have made it to every Thursday event will be entered and one winner will be drawn on July 27, 2017.
Each week we will also be learning a few facts about countries around the world. The week of June 12, 2017 will be Canada, followed by Mexico, Brazil, USA, Russia, Australia, and China.
Extra credit will be given for all Non-Fiction books read this summer.
Summer Reading Schedule 2017 Build A Better World
|Tuesday 06/13/17||Story Time||Activity Center||2-6||11:00 a.m. – 12:00 pm|
|Thursday 06/15/17||*Touch-A-Truck||Freedom Park||4-12||10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.|
|Monday 06/19/17||Horse Rides||Freedom Park||2-15||10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.|
|Thursday 06/22/17||Rock Painting||Activity Center||4-12||11:00 a.m. – 12:00 pm|
|Tuesday 06/27/27||Teen: Game /Scavenger Hunt||Activity Center||11-15||11:00 a.m. – 12:00 pm|
|Thursday 06/29/17||Miz Daisy||Activity Center||4-12||11:00 a.m. – 12:00 pm|
|Thursday 07/06/17||Craft Day||Activity Center||4-12||11:00 a.m. – 12:00 pm|
|Tuesday 07/11/17||Teen: Mystery Day||Activity Center||11-15||11:00 a.m. – 12:00 pm|
|Thursday 07/13/17||*Beauty & The Beast||Bronson Center||2-15||11:00 a.m. – 12:00 pm|
|Tuesday 07/18/17||Story Time||Activity Center||2-6||11:00 a.m. – 12:00 pm|
|Thursday 07/20/17||Didgeridoo Down Under||Activity Center||4-12||11:00 a.m. – 12:00 pm|
|Tuesday 07/25/17||Teen: Escape Room||Activity Center||11-15||11:00 a.m. – 12:00 pm|
|Thursday 07/27/17||Out of My Hands & Award Ceremony||Activity Center||4-12||11:00 a.m. – 1:00 pm|
* Ticket required event. After you register for the Polk City Library Summer Reading Program you will receive a ticket to this event.
Activity Center: 203 Lakeshore Drive, Polk City, FL 33868
Freedom Park: 7750 Berkley Road, Polk City, FL 33868
Bronson Center:124 Bronson Trail, Polk City, FL 33868