- Appoints and, when deemed necessary for the good of the city, suspend, or remove city employees and appointive administrative officers provided for by or under the city charter, except as otherwise provided by law, the city charter, or personnel rules adopted pursuant to the city charter. They may authorize any administrative officer who is subject to their direction and supervision to exercise these powers with respect to subordinates in that officer’s department, office, or agency.
- Directs and supervises the administration of all other departments, offices, and agencies of the city, except as otherwise provided by the city charter or by law.
- Attends all council meetings and shall have the right to take part in discussion but may not vote.
- See that all laws, provisions of the city charter and acts of the council, subject to enforcement by them or by officers subject to his direction and supervision, are faithfully executed.
- Prepares and submits the annual budget, budget message and capital program to the city council in a form provided by ordinance.
- Submits to the city council and makes available to the public a complete report on the finances and administrative activities of the city as of the end of each fiscal year.
- Makes such other reports as the city council may require concerning the operations of town departments, offices, and agencies subject to his direction and supervision.
- Keeps the city council fully and continuously advised as to the financial condition and future needs of the city and make such recommendations to the city council concerning the affairs of the city as they deem desirable.
- Signs contracts on behalf of the city pursuant to the provisions of appropriations ordinances.
- Perform such other duties as are specified in the city charter or may be required by the city council.
Assistant to City Manager
123 Broadway Blvd SE
Polk City, FL 33868